The spring track and road race season is fast approaching, but the Berries have been steadily preparing, logging base mileage and returning to the track for weekly workouts to shake off the rust.
As always, we’ll be out at Cal’s Edwards Stadium track in Berkeley every Monday and Thursday at 6pm. Mondays feature interval work, meant improve speed and turnover, while Thursdays are tempo days, focusing on building endurance. We always welcome newcomers and friends to stop by to check out a few practices or drop in for a session!
It’ll be a busy season of racing, with track meets or road races almost every weekend. A full list of races can be found on our Calendar page, and a subset of key races through the end of May is listed below. Keep up with the latest from our races right here on our blog, and also on our Instagram and Facebook pages. We look forward to seeing you out there this season!
2018 Spring Racing Schedule
Key Track meets and Road Races
- January 20th / February 3rd / February 17th: Cal All-Comers, open track meets in Berkeley
- February 4th: Super Sunday Run 10k, PAUSATF Grand Prix in Sacramento
- March 3rd: NorCal John Frank Memorial 10 mile, PAUSATF Grand Prix in Redding
- March 10th: Aggie Open, open track meet in Davis
- March 11th: Reach for a Star 5k, PAUSATF Grand Prix in Brisbane
- March 17th: Hornet Open, open track meet in Sacramento
- March 30th-31st: SF State Distance Carnival, open track meet in Hayward
- April 8th: SACTOWN 10 mile, PAUSATF Grand Prix in Sacramento
- April 13th-14th: East Bay Invitational: open track meet in Hayward
- April 27th: Brutus Hamilton Open: open track meet with entry standards in Berkeley
- April 29th: Stow Lake Stampede 5k: PAUSATF Grand Prix in San Francisco
- May 5th: Sacramento State Open: open track meet with entry standards in Sacramento
- May 6th: Devil Mountain Mile of Truth: PAUSATF Grand Prix in Danville
- May 12th: Oxy Invite: open track meet with entry standards in Los Angeles
- May 20th: Bay to Breakers: classic road race in San Francisco